Vegetarian Curry Stew
This hearty vegetarian curry stew is easy to prepare and very warming in cool weather. It contains a variety of prebiotic foods that help feed the good bacteria in your gut. Diversifying our diet is the single best thing we can do to improve our gut microflora.
- 1 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 small clove garlic, chopped
- 6 cups veggie “bone” broth
- 2 med sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 yellow potato, diced, not peel
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup green lentils
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- Heat a medium soup pot on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and onion and lightly sauté.
- Add the sweet potatoes and yellow potatoes. Cook until lightly brown on all sides.
- Add the garlic, cumin, and curry powder and stir.
- Add the broth. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer.
- Add the green lentils and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, cauliflower, and peas.
- Cook for another 7 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste (this can be done sooner).
- Pour into a bowl and top with yogurt, serve.
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker and stir. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours. Stir well and let sit for 15 minutes. Serve.